- Do not compare your life with others’. Everyone’s journey is supposed to be unique and different!
- Do not have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment
- Do not over do. Keep your limits
- Do not take yourself so seriously. No one else does
- Do not waste your precious energy on silly gossip
- Dream more while you are awake
- Envy is a waste of time. If you want something, go work hard for it!
- Forget issues of the past. Do not remind someone of his/her mistakes of the past. It’ll only ruin your present happiness
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone! Forget about that one time someone said something rude to you. Hating them will only make you just as bitter as them
- Make peace with your past so it will not spoil your present
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime
- Smile and laugh more! Both are contagious
- You do not have to win every argument. Agree to disagree
- Do not speak poorly of anyone. Do not make rude comments on their clothes, size, voice, hair, skin, or anything else
- Call your family often; they are the ones that are always there for you
- Each day do something good for others
- Forgive everyone for everything, no matter how much it upset you
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6, the see the world in a much more fascinating way
- Try to make at least three people smile each day, but the more the better!
- What other people think of you is none of your business, the only thing that matter is how you think of yourself
- Your job will not take care of you when you’re sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch
- Do the right thing! Never question what you know is right because of a few negative comments people may make towards you
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up
- The best is yet to come, so keep your head up!
- Your inner most is always happy, so be happy!
By Catherine Taylor